Make Your California Home Smart without Breaking the Bank
Price is often considered a taboo subject when it comes to smart technology – after all, it’s very difficult to pinpoint a specific amount when there are so many variations and features you can incorporate into your home. But if you’re interested in adding a Control4 system to your property, then one of the big questions you probably have is “can I afford it?”
As an authorized Control4 dealer, we can help you answer that question, and we have good news:
Control4, despite being top-of-the-line technology, is incredibly affordable. For less than $1,000, you can have the same technology used by the one percenters in your home – that’s all in, products and labor.
UNIVERSAL REMOTE AND CONTROLLER
The Control4 EA-1 bundle has everything you need to make your home smart. For just $600, you get a universal remote that will provide seamless control of your TV, sound system, media devices and the cable box. It also includes built-in streaming music services like Pandora.
It gets better! Even the entry level Control4 bundle is expandable to add lighting control, smart locks, thermostat, home security, surveillance – whenever you’re ready to grow.
The really awesome thing about the Control4 remote is that, unlike a typical universal remote, you get a hard button controller with an LCD screen, but the C4 package also provides on-screen navigation and visual feedback on your television. You can see what’s happening in real time instead of just pushing a button and hoping the remote works.
Programming, cabling and installation costs will add on a few hundred dollars, and that’s pretty much it – no hidden recurring fees.
If you’re satisfied with a universal remote for controlling your media room or home theater, then stop right here. You’ve got a smart home for less than a thousand bucks.
MORE SMART PRODUCTS
If you want to control more things around your home, then this is where Control4’s flexible platform comes in handy. You can add on whatever smart technologies you want.
Here are some of the popular choices:
- Smart Lighting: With smart devices controlling your home’s lights, you’ll be able to make every room the perfect brightness at the push of a button (or voice command).
- Motorized Shades: Often paired with smart lights, smart shades allow you to raise and lower your window treatments through integrated motors. There are options for retrofitting existing shades and drapery, but if you want motorized shades from scratch, factor in the cost of the shade materials in addition to the smart motors.
- Entertainment: To connect all of the audio and video systems in your home, you’ll want media distribution devices like Control4’s Wireless Music Bridge or HDMI Matrix Switch. These types of devices make it easy for you to play the music or video you want in whatever area of your home you’d like.
- Security: You can access and manage surveillance cameras, smart door locks, security lighting, and more from your Control4 system.
- Other Devices: You don’t have to stick with just the most popular options. Control4 connects to many popular devices – control your garage door remotely or add a smart irrigation system to your lawn.
The price points on all these smart solutions will vary quite widely, but we encourage you to give us a call if you want more information on pricing for any particular smart device or general feature set!
THE BIG PICTURE
Home Technology Pros believes that smart technology should be reliable, quality, and affordable – not something only available to luxury homeowners.
That’s why we choose to be a Control4 dealer.
One of the things we love about Control4 is that it’s scalable. You don’t have to add full-blown automation to every room right at the beginning. Find the product mix that’s within your budget and then add on devices or features over time!
Even in an apartment or a condo, Control4 is so easy and affordable to add, it’s a no-brainer.
The Home Technology Pros team can walk you through the best products for your budget. For a free consultation, contact us today!